Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Its game day, so we need a game-day worthy recipe, and this 5 minute Red Bean Dip is the perfect choice!
Alright guys, I’ll keep it short today. I’m sure many of you have had a Mexican-style bean dip before, whether it was a cheesy re-fried bean dip or a black bean dip.
Today’s dip is a bit different because it’s made from red kidney beans, which are often used in Caribbean cooking (think rice and peas). This bean dip also has only 5 ingredients (minus salt and pepper), takes less than 5 minutes to make, ANNND its vegan. BAM! Who said game day couldn’t be good for you?!
This recipe is so easy and healthy, and its perfect for a crowd! You can cook it on the stove or just throw it into a slow cooker and forget about it.
Give this dip a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also be sure to tag #SweetandSorrel.
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans (do not drain!)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine un-drained red kidney beans, garlic, paprika, basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer the dip to a stove top (or slow cooker) and cook on low until the dip heats through. Be careful not to overcook as the dip will dry out.
- Spread the dip out on a plate and garnish with some more olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!